Life is screaming down the fast lane right now. Thanksgiving came and went in a blur, there was so much to do! We had 11 people plus 4 little ones over for the main event, with another 6 coming for PIE! I didn’t get a lot of pictures, but highlights of the day include:
- I baked incredible foccacia in our brick oven – kind of nerve wracking trying out a whole new recipe/way of cooking on a big holiday but it paid off.
- Potato Leek soup with Leeks from the garden.
- Miss Maren who love “meat on the bone!” She totally went to town on the turkey leg!
- Lots of great company
- Pie, pie and more pie, specifically:
- Lemon Meringue
- 2 Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato Pecan
- Chocolate Mousse (not pictured, brought by Maren’s mom)
Although there is so much to be thankful for, I spent a lot of time thinking about last Thanksgiving with Logan’s appendicitis surgery, and just revel in how well that all turned out.
I am truly a lucky woman, and eternally thankful for all that I have.