Still Life Art Quilt Commission – Day 3
I’m continuing to post my progress on a still life commission quilt I’m working on this week, day 1 here, day 2 here.
- I fused the quilt top to some batting, then added some backing fabric. The pins are there to help hold the backing in place. This is the first time I really got to look at this thing vertical,as it was too fragile to move to the design wall until this point.
- Grabbed some scraps and fused this little piece so I could test out quilting threads.
- Smart cookie that I am, I wrote the name of each thread after I quilted the sample – made choosing the final threads easier (as an aside, I spent NO TIME at all putting this practical piece together and yet I see a house – do you?)
- Final thread selection!
- Quilting commences! I really like the pointy quilting on this orange decanter!
- More quilting – I’m SO GLAD I added the fabric on the right decanter in this picture!