Well, I’ve been busy!!! Writing a book, teaching full time at the University of Redlands, and teaching a Free Motion Machine Sketching class every Tuesday night has had me hopping! I most definitely didn’t have time to make as much new stuff to sell at my booth, and I decided that it was OK, that I wouldn’t stress and do what I could do. This made for the most stress free setup I’ve had. That, and hubby clearing his Friday afternoon schedule so he didn’t have to rush off in the middle of setting up. Because we have to light the booth up for the Friday night opening, setup takes a LOT longer – but we were done in 3 hours, which is pretty remarkable considering!
So here’s how the booth looked at the end of setup on Friday afternoon:
Here’s the booth just before the opening party started, I have some awesome trumpet top bulbs that do a great job lighting up the booth:
Here’s all my new zip sateen clutches:
They were very popular all weekend long! One thing I noticed Friday night is that I was really down in the stock of my hand dyed silk capes. The blanks are so expensive that I only keep one of any particular color palette in stock, but I was down to only 6 palettes, so I probably could have sold a couple that night if there had been more choices. So, what’s a gal to do, but get up early Saturday morning and get 6 more dyed before I head off to the show:
The show started off very slowly Saturday morning (there was a huge homecoming day at the UoR), so sales were a bit down, but they picked up later in the day. I then came home and rinsed out scarves:
and vegetated on the chaise!
Sunday I got up early to run the scarves through the washing machine, and get them ironed by 10:30. While ironing scarves I noticed a whole box of small botanical sketches, ack! We hustled on over to the show and did some reorganization…I didn’t like the large quilts behind the bags anyway, so I switched those around as well. We also took down one of the sides for a little air flow and hubby put the umbrella to help block the mmorning sun, which was very helpful.
You can see that a lot of the clutches were gone by Sunday morning!
I’m much happier with this layout!
And by the end of the day, all I had left were 2 zip clutches:
Which means I’ve gotta make more before the next show!