Today is the 7th day of the blog hop for my new E-Book “Create Handmade Gifts for All“:
and the lovely Diane Doran is talking a bit about the e-book on her blog Ooh, Pretty Colors. She’s got 2 Quilting Arts Workshops on how to use a computer to create one of a kind art quilts. In this one
she shows you how you can create fabric that looks like it’s been dyed and had various surface design elements like stamping, silk screening, etc, applied; but it’s all done with Photoshop Elements. She’s used all these techniques to design fabric like this:
I love these!
She also makes incredible art quilts:
Look at this incredible thread sketching detail!
And these beautiful birds agains the blue sky:
For chance to win a copy of last year’s Quilting Arts Gifts 2013/14 or even the messenger bag I made that is featured on the cover of my new e-book, head on over to Diane’s blog to enter! And don’t forget the rest of the stops on the tour!
Create Handmade Gifts for All Blog Hop
- Monday, 9/8 – Susan Brubaker Knapp of Blue Moon River – closes 6 p.m. EST on Monday, Sept. 22
- Tuesday, 9/9 – Vicki Welsh of Field Trips in Fiber – closes Sunday, Sept.21
- Wednesday, 9/10 – Deborah Boschert of Deborah’s Journal – closes Sunday, Sept.21
- Thursday, 9/11 – Amy Ellis of Amy’s Creative Side – winner selected Monday, Sept. 22
- Monday, 9/15 – Sue Bleiweiss of Sue Bleiweiss – closes Sunday, Sept.21
Tuesday, 9/16Later today (technical difficulties) – Natalia Bonner of Piece N Quilt
- Wednesday, 9/17 – Diane Doran of Ooh! Pretty Colors
- Thursday, 9/18 – Vicki Christensen of Sew Inspired
- Friday, 9/19 – Candy of Candied Fabrics