Today is the 5th day of the blog hop for my new E-Book “Create Handmade Gifts for All“:
and the fabulous Sue Bleiweiss is the next stop! I first found Sue when I had an interest in fabric books a few years ago, she makes beautiful ones!
She’s written a book about the Sketchbook Challenge:
Her art quilts have a very distinctive style:
She uses bright, hand dyed colors and works in what she calls “coloring book style”. Those black lines are very distinctive, so even when she switches from houses to fanciful creatures, you can tell that it’s her work!
She has a Quilting Arts Workshop/DVD out that teaches folks how to work in this style:
If you find her work intriguing, this workshop would be so useful! In the meantime, for a chance to win a copy of last year’s Quilting Arts Gifts 2013/14 or even the messenger bag I made that is featured on the cover of my new e-book, head on over to Sue’s blog to enter! And don’t forget the rest of the stops on the tour!
Create Handmade Gifts for All Blog Hop
- Monday, 9/8 – Susan Brubaker Knapp of Blue Moon River – closes 6 p.m. EST on Monday, Sept. 22
- Tuesday, 9/9 – Vicki Welsh of Field Trips in Fiber – closes Sunday, Sept.21
- Wednesday, 9/10 – Deborah Boschert of Deborah’s Journal – closes Sunday, Sept.21
- Thursday, 9/11 – Amy Ellis of Amy’s Creative Side – winner selected Monday, Sept. 22
- Monday, 9/15 – Sue Bleiweiss of Sue Bleiweiss – closes Sunday, Sept.21
- Tuesday, 9/16 – Natalia Bonner of Piece N Quilt
- Wednesday, 9/17 – Diane Doran of Ooh! Pretty Colors
- Thursday, 9/18 – Vicki Christensen of Sew Inspired
- Friday, 9/19 – Candy of Candied Fabrics