Today is the third day of the blog hop for my new E-Book “Create Handmade Gifts for All“:
and it’s the talented Deborah Boschert of Deborah’s Journal‘s turn!
Deborah is one of the “12 x 12” art quilters who have created an incredible body of work. I’ve been reading her blog for years, she has inspired me in several ways: she has a unique style that is all her own, she frequently blogs about the process of creating her art (which is incredibly helpful!), and she is a thoughtful, caring parent to her 2 kids that are just a couple years younger than my boys. We’ve become friends on Facebook as fellow artists who work with the awesome folk at Interweave/F & W Media, in fact she’s got a great Quilting Arts Workshop on Contemporary Fabric Collage with them:
Seeing that front cover without the words on it, I would have immediately known it was her work…house shapes, cool blues/greens/purples, that cool hand stitched Y are three motifs that crop up frequently in her work.
Not only does she have a DVD out, she also has an online workshop called “Buds and Blossoms: a botanical fabric collage” that looks to be a fabulous way to get a creative jumpstart!
Here’s a recent quilt she made that I just LOVE:
And this beautiful quilt is hanging in the show “In Living Color” which is touring Australia now, and will be in the US next year.
She frequently has quilts in the major shows and will have one at Quilt Festival in Houston later this Fall. She mentioned to me that she loves to meet folks at shows, so to be sure and say hi if you sport her in Houston, or send her an email if you got a chance to see her work!
For a chance to win a copy of last year’s Quilting Arts Gifts 2013/14 or even the messenger bag I made that is featured on the cover of my new e-book, head on over to Deborah’s blog to enter! And don’t forget the rest of the stops on the tour!
Create Handmade Gifts for All Blog Hop
- Monday, 9/8 – Susan Brubaker Knapp of Blue Moon River – closes 6 p.m. EST on Monday, Sept. 22
- Tuesday, 9/9 – Vicki Welsh of Field Trips in Fiber – closes Sunday, Sept.21
- Wednesday, 9/10 – Deborah Boschert of Deborah’s Journal – closes Sunday, Sept.21
- Thursday, 9/11 – Amy Ellis of Amy’s Creative Side
- Monday, 9/15 – Sue Bleiweiss of Sue Bleiweiss
- Tuesday, 9/16 – Natalia Bonner of Piece N Quilt
- Wednesday, 9/17 – Diane Doran of Ooh! Pretty Colors
- Thursday, 9/18 – Vicki Christensen of Sew Inspired
- Friday, 9/19 – Candy of Candied Fabrics