Today is the second day of the blog hop for my new E-Book “Create Handmade Gifts for All“:
and the fabulous Vicki Welsh from “Field Trips in Fiber“ is at the helm!! Vicki is the most industrious fabric dyer, quilter and blogger I know! She dyes lots of beautiful fabrics that she sells in her Etsy shop and she’s having a back to school sale from now until Friday, here are the details on that, so now is a great time to buy some hand dyed fabric from her!
She makes oodles of quilts using her hand dyed fabrics and then quilting them on her long arm quilting machine, but I think this one is my all time favorite:
The back is almost as fabulous as the front:
She does the most fabulous job of using her hand dyed fabrics in rather traditional quilt patterns, look at how awesomely her gradient fabric frames this quilt:
Like me, she often dyes her clothes as well, look at this awesome skirt!
Here she is looking lovely in it at a river wedding:
She’s such a creative woman, she doesn’t stop with dyeing fabric and making lots of quilts…her newest skill is cutting and fusing glass! She just made this totally cool dish that is layered:
Look at it from the side!!! So cool!
For a chance to win a copy of last year’s Quilting Arts Gifts 2013/14 or even the messenger bag I made that is featured on the cover of my new e-book, head on over to Vicki’s blog to enter! And don’t forget the rest of the stops on the tour!
Create Handmade Gifts for All Blog Hop
- Monday, 9/8 – Susan Brubaker Knapp of Blue Moon River – closes 6 p.m. EST on Monday, Sept. 22
- Tuesday, 9/9 – Vicki Welsh of Field Trips in Fiber – Closes Sunday, Sept 21
- Wednesday, 9/10 – Deborah Boschert of Deborah’s Journal
- Thursday, 9/11 – Amy Ellis of Amy’s Creative Side
- Monday, 9/15 – Sue Bleiweiss of Sue Bleiweiss
- Tuesday, 9/16 – Natalia Bonner of Piece N Quilt
- Wednesday, 9/17 – Diane Doran of Ooh! Pretty Colors
- Thursday, 9/18 – Vicki Christensen of Sew Inspired
- Friday, 9/19 – Candy of Candied Fabrics