I’ve been cranking through a quilt that’s been in my mind for MONTHS! I’ve been taking lots of pix to keep track of the layouts, etc (plus for a quick share on Instagram), and I wanted to pop in and record it all here. (SOme of the pix are out of focus – but at least I’ve got a record!)
Here’s the color palette – tints of a greeny teal + my Autumn Splendor palette.
I’m layering a color from my Autumn spendor with one of the tints of the teal, cutting out a square, swapping the centers and stitching them back together:
The front will be all the teals, with pops of colorful squares. It took me awhile to arrive at a layout I liked.
I really liked the color distribution in this one:
The back is the other colors, with teal tint centers. I started the layout by mirroring what was in the front, you can see that there are different issues in this side, so more tweaking to be done.
There! I liked this one!
I’m stitching these together in columns and then quilting them as I go, one column at a time. I got as far as quilting the first 3 squares before I ran out of steam: