Well, we’re back from our whirlwind trip to San Diego, where the Hubby was attending a music conference.
We had a great view of the harbor from our hotel window:
The Zoo was fantastic! Here are just a couple of great shots, but rest assured, Liam took a zillion!
We also got to go to the Ghirardelli store/soda fountain – if you ask the boys, I’ll bet they say this was the highlight!
Logan got a flamingo from the zoo and then had a great time photographing “Clumsy” all over the city.
We also found a fun place for the boys to work off some of those calories!
Now we’re home and must start cooking for tomorrow!
Here’s hubby’s list:
- Pumpkin Ravioli with sage brown butter
- Persimmon, Pomegranate & squash salad
- Turkey & Gravy
- Mashed potatoes
- Cranberry sauce (both traditional whole berry & experiment w/pomegranates)
- Celery root leek puree with Apple/fennel Salad on top
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Green beans w/Almonds
- Sauteed Parsnips, carrots & pearl onions
- Something with Sweet potato that doesn’t involve marshmallows
- Roasted beets
And the boys and I will be baking for the annual “Festival of Pie!”
- Sweet potato pecan
- Lemon meringue
And…our guests are bringing stuff too! The goal: a delicious meal tomorrow and nothing else to cook for the rest of the vacation!
I am most thankful for family and friends, both in person and online! Thanks for dropping by and sharing a love of color with me!