Snapshots from the studio | Work on the Wisteria Quilt

Putting those different layouts side by side was very useful, it made it very easy to see that the row with yellow borders stuck out way too much. After eliminating that row, I then played a bit more:

The layout on the left is where I started, and I ended up preferring the layout on the right. The top 2 and bottom 2 rows are the opposites of one another, made by slicing the 2 fabrics together and swapping out the centers. I specifically didn’t think I would like this layout, because I was worried that this would be too obvious, but it actually doesn’t appear too obvious, and I quite like the mild symmetry that this layout brings.

Here’s where I am with the quilting:

this quilt is all about Wisteria!

4 Responses to Snapshots from the studio | Work on the Wisteria Quilt