I’ve been baking up a whole mess of Christmas cookies, and these molasses crinkles are Santa’s favorite! (Really! A few years ago Logan made him a questionairre with checkboxes and left it with the plate of cookies, and Santa chose the crinkles as his favorite. So although I may swap out other cookies from time to time, Logan will NOT let me NOT make molasses crinkles!)
Molasses Crinkle Cookies
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- turbinado sugar or pure cane washed sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Sift together flour, salt, spices and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat until well blended. Add molasses.
- Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop up a rounded teaspoons of dough and roll it into a ball, and then roll it in the turbinado sugar to coat (you could use regular table sugar, but the large crystals of the turbinado sugar give these cookies an awesome crunch!)
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet about 2″ apart.
- Bake approximately 11 minutes or until slightly puffed and cracked on the surface.
- Cool on wire rack. Store what doesn’t get eaten in a tightly closing container and these will keep for days.
Mmmm, look at that texture!
I hope your holidays are sweet and full of flavor!
Ho Ho Ho!