I’ve been baking up a whole mess of Christmas cookies, and these molasses crinkles are Santa’s favorite! (Really! A few years ago Logan made him a questionairre with checkboxes and left it with the plate of cookies, and Santa chose the crinkles as his favorite. So although I may swap out other cookies from time to time, Logan will NOT let me NOT make molasses crinkles!)
Molasses Crinkle Cookies
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- turbinado sugar or pure cane washed sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Sift together flour, salt, spices and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat until well blended. Add molasses.
- Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop up a rounded teaspoons of dough and roll it into a ball, and then roll it in the turbinado sugar to coat (you could use regular table sugar, but the large crystals of the turbinado sugar give these cookies an awesome crunch!)
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet about 2″ apart.
- Bake approximately 11 minutes or until slightly puffed and cracked on the surface.
- Cool on wire rack. Store what doesn’t get eaten in a tightly closing container and these will keep for days.
Mmmm, look at that texture!
I hope your holidays are sweet and full of flavor!
Ho Ho Ho!
mmmm, a friend of mine makes this type of cookie every year and I love them! Thanks for the recipe I’m going to try it (once I pick up some molasses) Merry Christmas to you and your family Candy!
Yum! Will be coming back to this post for the recipe.
Merry Christmas, Candy, to you and yours.
Can sorghum be used instead of molasses?
[…] also have cookie recipes from the contributors! Logan and I shared our recipe for Molasses Crinkles, which is officially Santa’s favorite cookie. I can’t wait to try Lisa Chin’s […]
The molasses cookies sound delicious. My husband loves molasses cookies, so he has informed me I have to try these!! Thanks for the recipe!!