Oh my goodness, we’re on the home stretch of my DVD tour. I’ve been having a wonderful time introducing you to my artistic friends that I’ve met on/through/because of the internet. Today I get to introduce Robin Ferrier who blogs at “Simply Robin”, the woman who got me started blogging! Years ago, I believe the Spring of 2008, she invited me to be part of a group blog devoted to working in a series. Although it didn’t last that long, it did provide me with a taste of blogging (and a STRONG dislike for Blogger, which is what this blog was on) and when I was ready to start my own blog (on WordPress.com) I started with the posts from that group blog to get me past beginner’s blogger’s block.
Robin is an incredible visual artist who works in all sorts of media. Although she has been most prolific as a quilter, she is also an awesome photographer, and she has begun to paint as well, and her early work looks lovely. She also has an ability to create wonderful 3-dimensional shapes with natural materials.
Look at this – a simple photograph of a quilt in progress is a work of art:
This is only outdone by the photos she takes of her finished work:
I KNOW! When I win the lottery, I want to live in a house just like Robin’s, maybe even down the street from her because she lives in Hawai’i, sigh…
She also often takes pictures of herself at work:
Look at all these photos! Beauty, beauty everywhere!
I am trying very hard not to get an inferiority complex when I contemplate her talents, those shown here are just the tip of the iceburg. She is also an incredibly kind person, who I just know is considerate and thoughtful, this is immediately apparent when you read her blog.
Her latest work is this lovely video:
I am so grateful to know Robin digitally, and I hope that a day comes that we can visit in person, over a cup of tea, and talk about color, and blogging, and our kids and….you get the drift!
But for now, head on over to Robin’s blog to enter the giveaway!
And as reminder, here’s the rest of the tour:
- Friday, 11/11 – Victoria Gertenbach of The Silly BooDilly
- Monday, 11/14 – Susan Brubaker Knapp of Blue Moon River
- Wednesday, 11/16 – Kathy Mack of Pink Chalk Studio
- Friday, 11/18 – Melody Johnson of Fibermania
- Monday, 11/21 – Amy Ellis of Amy’s Creative Side
- Wednesday, 11/23 – Diane Doran of Ooh! Pretty Colors
- Friday, 11/25 – Vicki Welsh of Field Trips in Fiber
- Monday, 11/28 – Brenda Gael Smith of Serendipity and the Art of the Quilt
- Wednesday, 11/30 – Amy Webb of Amy Lou Who Sews
- Friday, 12/2 – Robin Ferrier of Simply Robin
- Tuesday, 12/6 – Natalia Bonner of Piece N Quilt
- Thursday, 12/8 – Beth and the gang from Sew Mama Sew