Today, it gives me great pleasure to announce that my idol, Melody Johnson, is hosting the next stop on my DVD tour.
I’ve sure that if you’ve been reading my blog for awhile, you have heard me sing her praises before. She is the queen of “All Color, All the Time”!
Her work has inspired me for years, and I am lucky enough to have taken 2 classes from her, one about 14 years ago, and another about 5 years ago. Her blog was the first one I ever read, and thus led me to blogging myself!
Her art quilts are usually fused, and she often works in a series. Here are a few from a series of houses, oh how I love the shape of a house!
She spent the early Fall learning about quilt-as-you-go methods and made several beautiful bed sized quilts to try them out, wham, bam, thank-you M’am!
My day would not be complete without reading a blog post from her. Although I love all the visual eye candy I get, I appreciate even more her honest reflections on being an artist. The insights I have gained from those are priceless, and I mean it when I say that her words unlocked my inner artist. For this, I am eternally grateful.
OK, now head on over to Melody’s blog to enter the giveaway!
And as reminder, here’s the rest of the tour:
- Friday, 11/11 – Victoria Gertenbach of The Silly BooDilly
- Monday, 11/14 – Susan Brubaker Knapp of Blue Moon River
- Wednesday, 11/16 – Kathy Mack of Pink Chalk Studio
- Friday, 11/18 – Melody Johnson of Fibermania
- Monday, 11/21 – Amy Ellis of Amy’s Creative Side
- Wednesday, 11/23 – Diane Doran of Ooh! Pretty Colors
- Friday, 11/25 – Vicki Welsh of Field Trips in Fiber
- Monday, 11/28 – Brenda Gael Smith of Serendipity and the Art of the Quilt
- Wednesday, 11/30 – Amy Webb of Amy Lou Who Sews
- Friday, 12/2 – Robin Ferrier of Simply Robin
- Tuesday, 12/6 – Natalia Bonner of Piece N Quilt
- Thursday, 12/8 – Beth and the gang from Sew Mama Sew