Here we are with Day 2 of my DVD blog tour. Today I’d like to introduce Susan Brubaker Knapp, whose blog is called “Blue Moon River“. She is an old pro at all this video stuff! I met her filming QATV in the Summer of 2010, and she was taping again the day before me this Summer, so I got to have a couple of really fun dinners with Susan and some other really talented gals. She was full of wonderful advice about filming my DVD, for which I am forever greatful!
Her quilt “Maximum Cat Nap” just won third place in the Art Quilt-Miniature category at International Quilt Festival:
Look at that incredibly realistic stitching on Max!
Here she is on the set of Quilting Arts TV during the taping of her DVD:
The DVD is called “Dynamic Quilt Design: Paint Meets Stitch” focuses on her method of wholecloth painting to create an art quilt, where she starts with a picture like this:
and she ends up with art like this:
I love the detail she gets when she adds her stitching! Here’s a clip from the DVD:
OK, now head on over to Susan’s blog to enter the giveaway!
And as reminder, here’s the rest of the tour:
- Friday, 11/11 – Victoria Gertenbach of The Silly BooDilly
- Monday, 11/14 – Susan Brubaker Knapp of Blue Moon River
- Wednesday, 11/16 – Kathy Mack of Pink Chalk Studio
- Friday, 11/18 – Melody Johnson of Fibermania
- Monday, 11/21 – Amy Ellis of Amy’s Creative Side
- Wednesday, 11/23 – Diane Doran of Ooh! Pretty Colors
- Friday, 11/25 – Vicki Welsh of Field Trips in Fiber
- Monday, 11/28 – Brenda Gael Smith of Serendipity and the Art of the Quilt
- Wednesday, 11/30 – Amy Webb of Amy Lou Who Sews
- Friday, 12/2 – Robin Ferrier of Simply Robin
- Tuesday, 12/6 – Natalia Bonner of Piece N Quilt
- Thursday, 12/8 – Beth and the gang from Sew Mama Sew