Hooray, it’s begun! I’ve been plotting and scheming for a month for an exciting way to celebrate my most special birthday – it’s 11/11/11, how awesome a date is that? It will only happen once in my lifetime!
I thought I’d celebrate with a giveaway worthy of such a momentous event. Earlier this month I sent a copy of my DVD to bloggers whose work I really admire, and asked if they would host a stop on a blog tour – all these amazing women have agreed to review and giveaway a copy of my new DVD, Dyeing to Stitch.
- Friday, 11/11 – Victoria Gertenbach of The Silly BooDilly
- Monday, 11/14 – Susan Brubaker Knapp of Blue Moon River
- Wednesday, 11/16 – Kathy Mack of Pink Chalk Studio
- Friday, 11/18 – Melody Johnson of Fibermania
- Monday, 11/21 – Amy Ellis of Amy’s Creative Side
- Wednesday, 11/23 – Diane Doran of Ooh! Pretty Colors
- Friday, 11/25 – Vicki Welsh of Field Trips in Fiber
- Monday, 11/28 – Brenda Gael Smith of Serendipity and the Art of the Quilt
- Wednesday, 11/30 – Amy Webb of Amy Lou Who Sews
- Friday, 12/2 – Robin Ferrier of Simply Robin
- Tuesday, 12/6 – Natalia Bonner of Piece N Quilt
- Thursday, 12/8 – Beth and the gang from Sew Mama Sew
Victoria Gertenbach from The Silly BooDilly
Do you know Victoria’s work? I’ve been an admirer of hers for year s. Last August, while taping my first episodes of Quilting Arts TV, I met Victoria in the green room, as she was taping that day as well. I’d been introduced to her and we’d chatted a bit but I didn’t realize who she was until she unfolded one of her quilts, and I immediately exclaimed “Oh, you’re Silly BooDilly!” I had never really registered her name, with such a distinctive blog name, but oh, her work is so incredible:
She gets such incredible texture in her work, and takes such lovely photos.
She explores so much in her work, from pojaji seams:
to stitching on paper.
She has just settled upon a the perfect term to describe her work “Rural Retro” and I can’t wait to see what comes from this new endeavor. But now, go visit her blog and enter the giveaway for my DVD!