Well, I can hardly believe it – but this is my 100th post! It kinda snuck up on me, and then I got “blog-block”, as I pondered what I could post about. As you may, or may not know, I’m a scientist, so data is always fascinating to me, so I thought I’d do a “Top Ten Random Bits of Info About This Here Blog” kind of list. I’d also like to thank people who’ve helped & inspired me to begin blogging in the 1st place, so I’ll have a list of those people too! And THEN, I’ll host a little celebratory giveaway as well, and not advertise it ANYWHERE but right here on the blog, so it will definitely favor the regular blog readers out there! Phew! A big post, but I’m up to the task…are you?
“Top Ten Random Bits of Info About This Here Blog”
- It took me 11 months to write 100 posts, so that’s an average of 9 posts a month, or over 2 a week. Of course, some weeks I had lots to say, and others I was kinda quiet, but not too shabby.
- I’ve had 22,700 views (I have no idea if wordpress stats include reads on a feed reader, that’s on my list of things to figure out…) but anyway – WOW! That’s an average of 227 views/post!
- My views have on average been growing the longer I keep blogging: 8,000 in 6 months of last year vs. 15,000 in 5 months this year.
- 441 people have commented (97 in response to my 1st giveaway), to that means that 345 times someone reading my blog felt they needed to respond to it – thank you, kind commenters!
- WordPress rocks: I’ve been protected by 276 spam comments, in a very painless manner.
- The post with the most traffic is the one where I describe how we made my dual sewing table: 3073 views! I hope it helps people make their own sewing table from $50 of lumber, rather than pay 1000’s for those particleboard covered with plastic things that never are exactly what you want anyway!
- The 2nd most popular post is the Recover an Office Chair tutorial, with 782 views. Note to self, get cracking on those tutes you’ve got planned (I even have all the photos for one…)
- Here’s a weird one, while the # 1 search term that finds my blog is “Candied Fabrics”, a close 2nd is “Bergamot”! Weird! I talk about bergamot when I made Liz’s Teahouse, but I’m confused as to why someone looking for info on bergamot would click on over to my blog…
- Hours spent writing blogs – there’s NO WAY I’m want to know that!
- Most faithful commenter…although I don’t actually have numbers on this one, I’ll bet it’s my stepsister Pam!
“Top Ten Bloggers I’d Like to Thank (in alphabetical order!)”
- Beth of Sew, Mama, Sew!, especially for the mention of my sewing table that generates so many hits.
- Jan of Daisy Janie & Scoutie Girl: She is a wealth of info on all things sewing business related.
- Jane Davila of Chary Sprouts: I love her quiet, consistent style, and her Art House was a huge inspiration for mine, and started me down the road to 3-d art – I’ve got a long way to go, but I’m loving the journey!
- Jena of Modish & Modish Biz Tips: Lots of info on the indie design world and fabulous helpful starting your own business tips.SHe lit a fire under my behind – I’ve purchased my domain name and have begun designing my own website!
- Kathy of Pink Chalk Studio: I’ve had great fun pattern testing for her, she’s gracious enough to let me sell notetakers made with one of those patterns, and she answers ALL my nosy questions about how her she’s developing her own fantastic business.
- Kathreen of Whip Up: Mentions on this blog also drive up the hit counts – woohoo!
- Lisa Call: She has amazing drive, and her personal story of developing her art is truly inspiring.
- Melody of Fibermania: Hands down, she has shared so much about artistic process on her blog – she truly is the person who has most allowed me to develop as an artist.
- Robin of Simply Robin: She pushed me to begin blogging by starting a group blog, and inspires me with every post she writes.
- Sue Bleiweiss: Her creative way of using Timtex (and it’s cheap cousin Peltex) get’s me thinking about textiles in a whole new way.
Another Celebratory Giveaway!
If you’ve made it this far, you’re in for a treat! I’d like to give away another Going Green Tote…so:
- Leave a comment by next Tuesday (June 2). Let me know what your favorite post on this here blog was, or really, anything at all on this blog that you like…if there’s nothing here that you like…then why are you here? 😉
- Be sure to include contact info – if I don’t here back from you after notification by July 2, I’ll move on to someone else. ( international folks, I’d like you to help with postage if you win…ok?)
- One entry per person – this means you Pam! 😉
And to ALL the folks that read my blog – thank you so much, I know I wouldn’t have kept this up if I was only talking to myself…and I know that blogging has helped me develop, artistically, and business-wise too! 3 cheers for the blog-o-sphere!
I love your blog for all of it’s beautiful pictures! Lovely colors, too. My e-mail: email@example.com
I’m familiar with most of the blogs you mentioned, but will have to check out the rest! I like your ‘random bits’, that’s too funny about the bergamot.
Candy, my favorite post of yours so far is the one from May 4, Monthly Goal Meet-up. Mainly because I LOVE the scarf in the picture – but also because your re-evaluation of your business made me think about my own goals. You sparked my imagination with that post, and I thank you.
I’m really glad I found your blog!
Speaking of Bergamot, I love the Tea House for Liz post. It makes me really want to make one for myself – so cute! I enjoy your creativity and the way you roll with the punches, you may not meet your goals but you give it your best. Thanks for sharing!
I don’t remember when I started reading your blog, but your bags are beautiful! and thanks for the link for the sewing table instructions. VERY cool!
Happy 100! and thank you for all the inspiration that you’ve given me 🙂
I love the simplicity of your designs and how they let the beauty of the fabric shine! And so many designs, the messenger bags, and pocket books and the notepads, etc. Favorite posts: I teach and I so get the woohoo it’s summer! I loved seeing the students showing off what they made! Love the pear quilt. The pictures of your children following the thread made me grin. AND, we, too, have an Aussie — great, great dogs!
Congratulations on 100 posts! I love your “to do” lists – they make mine look lame!
I can’t point to a particular blog post, I just love your artwork. In fact, I was inspired recently by one of your birds, and redid my master bathroom, which you can actually see if you click to visit.
I’d LOVE to win one of your bags. I am a green girl for sure!! And green with envy over those bags. Thanks for sharing your talent and gifts with all of us.
I love your birds and all the different ways you’ve found to incorporate them into your work.
I’d love to win one of your bags. Your blog entries are inspirational. And the birds are wonderful.
Congratulations! Hmm, my favorite things to read about on your blog are the posts where you show how you go about setting up your show booths. Oh and when you talk about how your business has changed. Of course it doesn’t hurt that most of the posts have lots of eye candy in it. 🙂
Congratulations on the anniversary of posting. I liked the post on recovering the the office chair. They come so boring and always need help.
LOL! I LOVE that I am the one that comments the most. I often comment becaue I know how much I love when people comment on my blog! 🙂
I love sharing your blog with friends…. and the Creekers are looking forward to your “road show” 🙂
Congrats on your 100th post! Here’s to the next 100. Cheers!
My favorite recent blog is of the sewing table construction and flikr photos. The photos make it look so easy, lol! I’m thinking of attempting it myself (YIKES!)
You are such a prolific artist. I’m inspired to dust off my dyes this weekend.
I really liked the small pocket books you made and showed us. The little bird detail was what drew me to your site in the first place. Like your color savvy…I’m horrible at that.
Hey Candy! So I went back and read every post on your blog, and I think that my favorite thing is that you are doing something you love! It’s so inspirational to me, a person who has yet to figure that out. Other than that, I love everything that you do, and I’m super excited to help you out!
My favourite post was the first one of yours that I ever read. It was in October last year when you showed some grab’n’go totes. I was immediatly in love with your hand dyes and quirky bird.
I get inspired when I visit your site. I love the color, originality and your creative style. You are amazing. I am looking forward to your next 100 posts. Your Creeker sis Pam is pretty amazing too.
I follow your blog in Google Reader and always look forward to a new post. I love the colors in your blog and the inspiration you provide. Thanks for sharing…
Congratulations on your 100th post! How exciting – love tracking stats myself!!
Thanks for mentioning my name/website as helpful to you – I am always an email away!!
Have a great weekend!
Your bags are so cute, I would love to win one. I looked through your posts and I love the one on May 11 when you were having a booth. The little birdies are just adorable. And the houses at the back of your booth.
Just love your blog, thank you for the inspiration!!
Thanks for the giveaway!!
From the Netherlands, Linda
I love looking at your pictures from your craft shows! We’ve emailed a few times and I appreciate your taking the time to answer my questions!
I like your posts about the commissions you get completed and the items you make for your shop. I like your color combinations and the quality of your workmanship really shows and is an inspiration. Thanks for sharing and having another giveaway.