I’ve got so much to celebrate that I thought I’d share my happiness with one lucky commenter! My 17 year old trombone-playing son Liam is touring the country with the National Youth Orchestra of the USA, and this coming Wednesday, July 30, they’ll be playing at the Grand Tetons Music Festival. So, we’re hitting the road tomorrow and driving over 900 miles so we can get a little R & R in the Tetons, and see/hear them play right in the middle of the vacation! We’ll also be able to attend their final concert, August 4, when they play in Disney Hall: luckily, that is a quick 60-90 minute drive from our house!
I received a couple of copies of the August/September issue of Quilting Arts Magazine because I’ve got an article on “Faux Snow” dyeing in there.
I love this technique, and a particular color palette that I dye in this manner reminds me of Monet’s Giverny paintings, and has inspired me to make a sketchbook :
as well as a couple of art quilts using the plants that grow in that garden as inspiration:
I’ve shared this process a couple times before, including episode 1303 of Quilting Arts TV, so I’ve got a lot of fabric dyed in this particular Giverny color palette. Here are Pokey and I on set after doing some “faux snow” dyeing:
So, what I’d like to do is give away:
- A copy August/September issue of Quilting Arts Magazine
- 4 half yard pieces of faux snow dyed fabric: I know that at least one of them was dyed on the set of QATV, which is kinda cool!
How to enter
- Leave a comment on this blog post, answering one of these 2 questions:
- What you would do with this fabric if you won; fondling it and then placing it in your stash is certainly an acceptable answer to this one!
- What other painting(s) do you think would inspire a beautiful multi-color fabric palette?
- Don’t worry if your comment doesn’t show up right away, I’ll be monitoring/approving them as best as I can on vacation, but I don’t know how good our wifi will be up in Wyoming!
When does it close?
- Tuesday, August 5th at noon, PST
- I’ll announce the winner August 6