Today is the final day of my DVD tour! Wahoo! I hope you’ve had lots of fun visiting the sites of some awesomely talented folks. It’s been an honor to have them share their opinions of my work (I’ll admit that it’s a little nerve wracking knowing so many people were going to be talking about me!)
I’m ending the tour by giving away 2 copies over at Sew Mama Sew. It should be no surprise to people who read my blog for awhile that I really enjoy thinking about construction when sewing; whether it’s figuring out how to get the right kind of pockets in a bag, covering the zipper on my pillows in a pretty way, or building houses out of peltex and fabric, I really like figuring out how to make those details work with fabric and thread. The blog of Sew Mama Sew is chock full of great tutorials on how to do sew all sorts of things! Beth and Kristen do an incredible job of soliciting incredibly useful tips and tutorials from talented sewists all over the internet.
- Need to buy a new sewing machine? They have a great guide that walks you through all the steps to deciding what kind of sewing machine you need. And then they had folks submit reviews of their particular machines, so there’s now a huge master list of sewing machine meme’s right here.
- Ever needed to make a pleat? Here’s a whole post about it!
- Puzzled by sewing patterns? They’re unmystified right here.
- Want to slipcover a chair? A three part series starts here.
- Take a look at all these helpful tutorials!
I so wish that Sew Mama Sew (and the internet as we know it today) had been around 18 years ago. I’ve spent a lot of time figuring things out the hard way, and so many articles they have answer the questions I spent hours tearing my hair out about over the years. No matter, it’s here now!
Of course, they also are a fabric, pattern, and book online shop as well! They’ve got tons of great items, and their service is top notch. Although I’m not a huge buyer of fabric, I did test all of their organic PFD fabric last Spring, with great results in a whole range of weights:
I’ve also written a couple of posts for them about fabric dyeing, (online resources and primary tints), they were great to work with, and it gave me a chance to introduce fabric dyeing to a whole new audience – which, if you think of it, is what I’ve been doing with this whole tour. There is something very primally satisfying about coloring cloth, I think that everyone who works with fabric should experience it at one time or another.
But for now, head on over to Sew Mama Sew to enter the giveaway!
And as reminder, here’s the rest of the tour:
- Friday, 11/11 – Victoria Gertenbach of The Silly BooDilly
- Monday, 11/14 – Susan Brubaker Knapp of Blue Moon River
- Wednesday, 11/16 – Kathy Mack of Pink Chalk Studio
- Friday, 11/18 – Melody Johnson of Fibermania
- Monday, 11/21 – Amy Ellis of Amy’s Creative Side
- Wednesday, 11/23 – Diane Doran of Ooh! Pretty Colors
- Friday, 11/25 – Vicki Welsh of Field Trips in Fiber
- Monday, 11/28 – Brenda Gael Smith of Serendipity and the Art of the Quilt
- Wednesday, 11/30 – Amy Webb of Amy Lou Who Sews
- Friday, 12/2 – Robin Ferrier of Simply Robin
- Tuesday, 12/6 – Natalia Bonner of Piece N Quilt
- Thursday, 12/8 – Beth and the gang from Sew Mama Sew