Wahoo! Today is the penultimate day on my DVD blog tour! Today I’d like to introduce you to Natalia, long-arm quilter extraordinaire. Natalia is a full time quilter – she quilts an amazing amount of quilts with her Gammill, she and her mother design traditional quilt patterns, and she’s recently been a cover gal:
I love two color quilts quilts, and this one is stupendous! It would make a great Christmas quilt. And speaking of Christmas quilts, I wish I’d started making her “Argyle Christmas” months ago…it would look great on my sofa this month!
Don’t you think it would look cool with my hand dyes? Sigh, next year…
None of these photos really feature her machine quilting though. Let me show you a couple of her YouTube Videos. This first one really gives you an idea of how physically taxing it must be to machine quilt all day (but also, look at the freedom she has – although I know it takes a lot of practice to move this smoothly, it’s awesome that the machine stops and starts with her, and she doesn’t have to worry about how to get bulk underneath the arm!
I love this next video, I find myself thinking where I’d place the next swirl; often times she goes right where I would but sometimes she doesn’t and I’m thrown for a loop for a second. (Um, is it weird that I do this? I sure hope not!)
Here are just a few shots of her excellent quilting:
I read lots of blogs, and quite a few of them are blogs from folks who are pursuing their art full time. Of all of those blogs, I think Natalia takes the cake when it comes to work ethic! Seriously, she shows what it takes to make a full time gig from her passion, and it just blows me away to look at her output.
Finally, look at this “Daisy Delight”, another quilt she designed – I just love the colors!
But for now, head on over to Natalia’s blog to enter the giveaway!
And as reminder, here’s the rest of the tour:
- Friday, 11/11 – Victoria Gertenbach of The Silly BooDilly
- Monday, 11/14 – Susan Brubaker Knapp of Blue Moon River
- Wednesday, 11/16 – Kathy Mack of Pink Chalk Studio
- Friday, 11/18 – Melody Johnson of Fibermania
- Monday, 11/21 – Amy Ellis of Amy’s Creative Side
- Wednesday, 11/23 – Diane Doran of Ooh! Pretty Colors
- Friday, 11/25 – Vicki Welsh of Field Trips in Fiber
- Monday, 11/28 – Brenda Gael Smith of Serendipity and the Art of the Quilt
- Wednesday, 11/30 – Amy Webb of Amy Lou Who Sews
- Friday, 12/2 – Robin Ferrier of Simply Robin
- Tuesday, 12/6 – Natalia Bonner of Piece N Quilt
- Thursday, 12/8 – Beth and the gang from Sew Mama Sew