She is a red-headed quilter who designs websites and works primarily with her own hand dyed fabrics. (sound familiar? It does to me!) Here is one of my favorite pieces of hers:
Oh, those colors! Those lines!!! I could just eat them up with a spoon!
You may know her as one of the “Twelves”, a group of 12 art quilters who for the past four years have been making a 12″ x12″ quilted art piece on a designated theme or palette. They blog about their progress, and they all “reveal” each quilt at the same time at their group blog. Their first challenge involved themes, each artist chose one of the subjects for all of them to delve into. My favorites of Brenda’s 12 are:
After they had made a total of 144 quilts, they published a book!
The second series of was based on colorplay, here are 2 more stunners from Brenda:
The quilts have traveled quite extensively, and all 288 of them were displayed at IQF in Houston last month. Almost all the the artists were able to make it, and it was such a pleasure to read all their blog posts about being together, and the incredible reception they got from other quilters there. It’s so exciting, and amazing to think of how truly meaningful work can be created, and relationships formed, via the internet! All 12 of these ladies are truly inspirational!
OK, now head on over to Brenda’s blog to enter the giveaway!
And as reminder, here’s the rest of the tour:
- Friday, 11/11 – Victoria Gertenbach of The Silly BooDilly
- Monday, 11/14 – Susan Brubaker Knapp of Blue Moon River
- Wednesday, 11/16 – Kathy Mack of Pink Chalk Studio
- Friday, 11/18 – Melody Johnson of Fibermania
- Monday, 11/21 – Amy Ellis of Amy’s Creative Side
- Wednesday, 11/23 – Diane Doran of Ooh! Pretty Colors
- Friday, 11/25 – Vicki Welsh of Field Trips in Fiber
- Monday, 11/28 – Brenda Gael Smith of Serendipity and the Art of the Quilt
- Wednesday, 11/30 – Amy Webb of Amy Lou Who Sews
- Friday, 12/2 – Robin Ferrier of Simply Robin
- Tuesday, 12/6 – Natalia Bonner of Piece N Quilt
- Thursday, 12/8 – Beth and the gang from Sew Mama Sew