It is a huge pleasure to talk about the awesome Kathy Mack of Pink Chalk Studio! I believe it was her awesome pencil roll that caught my eye a few years ago, and I became an avid follower of her blog.
When she began developing her first pattern, the note taker, I was one of her pattern testers. I discovered that she and I have very similar tastes in fonts, and we both had an eye for detail, it was truly a pleasure to be a tiny part of her process.
Making a notetaker for that pattern testing led me to a large part of my business – making a tiny art quilt on a large flat surface of an everyday item: Everyday Art! Really a huge ahah! moment for me, making everyday art has allowed me to grow as an artist while supporting it financially.
I also tested her Mail Sack Pattern, such a fun pattern to stitch!
I sometime feel that I follow in her footsteps! Kathy has been in Quilting Arts Gifts:
and been on Quilting Arts TV:
Each time she would blog about that I remember wishing that someday that would be me! Oh my goodness, has that ever come true! Back when I filmed my Messenger Bag on QATV last Summer, as I was walking the crew through each step before the shoot, I remember Pokey (the host) turning to someone (I think the Kathy Stull the producer?) and saying that I was detailed and methodical “like Kathy Mack”.
Kathy is a very skilled business woman and she has turned that blogging into a full fledged online fabric store, Pink Chalk Fabrics, and she’s published a few more patterns as well. But she still finds time to skillfully pull together wonderful mixes of fabric and design fresh, graphic quilts.
She continues to be an inspiration to me, and if you have not yet had the pleasure of reading her blog, add it to your reader now!
OK, now head on over to Kathy’s blog to enter the giveaway!
And as reminder, here’s the rest of the tour:
- Friday, 11/11 – Victoria Gertenbach of The Silly BooDilly
- Monday, 11/14 – Susan Brubaker Knapp of Blue Moon River
- Wednesday, 11/16 – Kathy Mack of Pink Chalk Studio
- Friday, 11/18 – Melody Johnson of Fibermania
- Monday, 11/21 – Amy Ellis of Amy’s Creative Side
- Wednesday, 11/23 – Diane Doran of Ooh! Pretty Colors
- Friday, 11/25 – Vicki Welsh of Field Trips in Fiber
- Monday, 11/28 – Brenda Gael Smith of Serendipity and the Art of the Quilt
- Wednesday, 11/30 – Amy Webb of Amy Lou Who Sews
- Friday, 12/2 – Robin Ferrier of Simply Robin
- Tuesday, 12/6 – Natalia Bonner of Piece N Quilt
- Thursday, 12/8 – Beth and the gang from Sew Mama Sew