Wedding Scarves Complete!

Hooray! Although the wedding isn’t ”til March, the bride & groom will be home for the holidays, and thus can give these scarves out to a lot of people. The thought behind these scarves is that everyone in the wedding party will wear one, and will wear something that somehow coordinates with the colors in the scarf. No special clothes are needed, each person will dress in something that they normally would, making for a varied, yet harmonious, wedding party! (Isn’t that a fabulous idea??? Wish I’d been dyeing scarves way back when I got married – 18+ years ago!!!!)

To recap: I did some test dyeing in August, incorporated their requests into another test in November, and finally did one huge batch of dyeing this Sunday.

Yup, I had to move my outside dye studio INSIDE, it’s been raining for like the past week and a half!

Anyway, is it just me, or is it amazing that those plastic containers up there turned into these?

I just need to revel in their color! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I can’t WAIT to see pictures of the wedding!

10 Responses to Wedding Scarves Complete!
  1. Linda @alamodestuff
    December 22, 2010 | 8:56 am

Wow! And ties, too! Spectacular!

And, I learned how to tie the scarf in a new way as per your photo!!

2. Joan
    December 22, 2010 | 9:22 am

stunning!

3. Gina
    December 22, 2010 | 9:25 am

What a great idea for a wedding party – and they will have the perfect scarves!

4. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Candy Glendening, Candy Glendening. Candy Glendening said: Blogged || Wedding Scarves Complete!: Hooray! Although the wedding isn’t ”til March, the… http://goo.gl/fb/FAalV [...]

5. Katie Ringo
    December 22, 2010 | 10:29 am

The colors are amazing! I love it! So fitting to be called a “candied fabric”.

6. lizzi
    December 22, 2010 | 11:00 am

fantastic Candy

7. Vicki W
    December 22, 2010 | 11:49 am

First off, kudos to the bride and groom for being so thoughtful to their wedding party! Second, major kudos to you for the stunning results!

8. Allie
    December 23, 2010 | 12:34 am

Those are incredible, Candy -the depth of colour is amazing!

9. Laura
    December 23, 2010 | 1:38 pm

Those are amazing! I love the ideas people are coming up with for weddings these days…wish I would have been as creative over 20 years ago…..

10. [...] I dyed a set of silk scarves and ties in a custom color way for a wedding party over a year ago. Here’s a peek at some of the scarves (more details here). [...]