My Studio Article in Print!

Look what came in the mail today:

Yup, 5 glorious pages of my studio looking oh so spiffy in the Summer edition of Cloth Paper Scissors Studios. It’s very exciting! Getting ready to write this post I took a quick look at my long term goals for this year and I can see that I’m doing okay there…although I’ll take a closer look at them in June to help plan out the summer. I am a wee bit panicky about the 3rd of my 3 articles…it’s due 2 weeks from tomorrow, and I’ve got a big show this weekend and lots of kid activities going on. I do keep remembering that I made the original houses under a tight deadline too, so all should be ok!

In some other news, although I’ve been woefully behind on blog reading, I followed a comment from Tara’s post on experiential blogging to a new to me blog  called “Letters from a  Small State” by a writer named Elizabeth Howard. I was amazed to awake 3 days later to a tweet that took me back to her blog to find a poem entitled:

Life is Too Short to Just Wear Black.
Or, An Ode To Candied Fabrics, Who Is Very Busy Quilting, Yet Commented on my Blog Anyway

Please, go read it, I’ll wait here!

OK, are you back? I’m speechless.

And with that…I’ve got class to teach, then lots of things to finish up for the weekend.

Thank you Elizabeth.

om [one moment] meet up In this crazy week I realized that both of these events were indeed, moments to stop and savor. alamodestuff Linda has started a weekly meetup based on taking a moment each week to really notice something as you go about your daily grind life. I need to do this. You may want to too – read more about it here:

[social4i size="small" align="float-left"]
22 Responses to My Studio Article in Print!
  1. Natalia
    May 6, 2010 | 7:08 am

That is so cool Candy! I am so happy for you! AND I still love your studio! :)

2. Cyn
    May 6, 2010 | 7:25 am

You are rockin’ some great karma, Candy! Love the article, the poem and am so happy for the woman behind it all. Congratulations!

3. daisy janie
    May 6, 2010 | 8:42 am

How incredibly cool!!!!!!!! Way to go on making things happen for yourself, Candy! Truly, that kind of ‘put yourself out there’ attitude is inspiring! You have a beautiful studio…may as well show it off!

4. MaryBeth
    May 6, 2010 | 9:20 am

Your studio is as vibrant and inspiring as your creations!s! I am so happy for you and looking forward to meeting you this Mothers Day weekend
    ~Hugs from the windy desert
    MB aka desertnana

5. Angie
    May 6, 2010 | 9:31 am

Awesome!!! I love your peg board wall by the way. My mom has a “Christmas Closet” for holiday decor. It has two floor to ceiling peg board walls. It’s fabulous.

6. Vicki W
    May 6, 2010 | 9:47 am

Congratulations! That is wonderful!

7. Rita
    May 6, 2010 | 10:09 am

You’re published!! Congrats!! Your studio is amazing and beautiful and totally deserves to shine in print!! I can’t wait to see it in the magazine! And what a sweet poem dedicated to you!!! That’s so awesome! You’re on a great streak right now. Good luck with your fairs and articles!

8. Amy - parkcitygirl
    May 6, 2010 | 1:26 pm

Wowzer! So much good to just savor – congratulations Candy! And just think, the years not even half over :)

9. waterrose
    May 6, 2010 | 4:44 pm

What a lovely studio and so organized…would love to see it in the middle of your creative process!!! Congrats and hugs.

10. Laura- Curry_Kay
    May 6, 2010 | 5:41 pm

I love all the colors in your studio! I swore I wouldn’t buy any more Studio magazines (I get too many ideas and change my own studio around), but I may need to make an exception!

11. aimee
    May 6, 2010 | 5:41 pm

squeal and cheer! your studio looks so inviting and inspiring!

12. Kathy W.
    May 6, 2010 | 6:17 pm

What a great studio; lots better than my spare bedroom lovingly called “the sweatshop”. Maybe someday I’ll have one as nice as yours. Congratulations!

13. Lindsey
    May 6, 2010 | 7:18 pm

oo fancy! congrats !!

14. Allie
    May 6, 2010 | 9:27 pm

Congratulations – your studio looks wonderful!!!!! And what a lovely poem!

15. Linda @alamodestuff
    May 7, 2010 | 7:15 am

Yes, indeed. Very big savoring moments for you this week! The article is fantastic! Congratulations, again! I’m looking for a copy to purchase today. If I were you, I’d stratigically place several magazines around the house to catch a glimpse now and then. It will make you happy each time you see them! You deserve this!

I’m a bit behind in my blog reading but can’t wait to see your studio in its “working” form. I saw a tweet btw you and @Waterrose about it yesterday and it made me smile.

16. Shannon
    May 7, 2010 | 7:22 am

You are famous! How very awesome and exciting! :) I also have fallen woefully behind on my blog reading. It’s so bad, my feed reader has given up on me and just says 1000+. It won’t even count anymore I’ve neglected it so long. I will find the time to go back and see what everyone has been blogging about, but I do hate being late to the party. Good luck at your show this weekend, and I’m sure you’ll find the time to get your next article done. :)

17. Vicki
    May 7, 2010 | 5:51 pm

congratulations! I will have to look for this magazine….

someday I would love to have a studio. :)

18. tee
    May 7, 2010 | 9:01 pm

WOW ode! what an awesome OM!!!! thanks for sharing Candy. magazine layout/article looks amazing too.

bon weekend!

xo,
    tee

PS – so pleased we’ve kept in touch post ecojotting days ;)

19. Dana
    May 9, 2010 | 9:56 am

Oh, this is awesomw, congratulations !!! Love your studio and the lovely poem. You had a really great “one moment”.

20. Chris Daly
    May 10, 2010 | 2:47 pm

Beautiful views of your studio. I love the poem too! Good luck getting it all accomplished.

21. abbie
    May 12, 2010 | 12:23 pm

so very cool! Congratulations!

22. liz