Bloggers to Watch in 2010, My list

Have you seen this ProBlogger’s post? In it, he calls for bloggers to create a list of blogs they’re going to be watching/reading closely this year, in the hopes of generating lists of blogs in all kinds of niches/industries. That got me to thinking about what list I would put together. I quickly realized that I read blogs in several different niches: art, quilting, graphic design, indie design, fabric, business… Yep, I’ve got lots of different blogs in my reader.

I quickly could think of a couple dozen blogs that I’m in tune to. When I started reflecting on what niche the blogs that I’m watching would fall in, the niche was all over the map – UNTIL I realized that [not all but] a large portion of the bloggers I admire are written by women who are Mom’s PLUS _______. They are not Mommy bloggers (don’t hurl anything at your computer screen, but well, blogs about nothing but Mommying make me want to hurl). They are women just like me:

They are mothers who are driven to create and compelled to write about that creation process as a way of reaching out to others. They occasionally show pix of and talk about their kids, but they’re using their blogs to help fulfill that creative urge. And if they’re anything like me, they are recording how that creation keeps them sane in a world filled with gotta do’s.

So, without further ado, my list of Mom’s PLUS blogs to watch:

(I’ve used slices of their blog headers when I was able to do so)

a la mode stuff

21 Responses to Bloggers to Watch in 2010, My list
  1. deb
    January 15, 2010 | 7:30 am

cool list!

2. Natalia
    January 15, 2010 | 7:31 am

Candy, I really like that you included images! I am a very visual person so seeing the images gives me an idea of what the blogs are like! Great post!

3. Vicki
    January 15, 2010 | 10:51 am

It’s so cool to see everyone’s blog headers like that. Thanks for including me!

4. Linda @alamodestuff
    January 15, 2010 | 12:55 pm

You rock! I really appreciate it. Just when I think I hear crickets!

Going off to gloat and spread your kind list throughout social media land!!

5. Tracy
    January 15, 2010 | 1:14 pm

Thanks for turning me on to some great blogs!!! A la Mode Stuff has been one of my favorites for a while!!

Peace!

Tracy

6. Katie Stephenson
    January 15, 2010 | 3:38 pm

Candy- I am honored to have made this list, and look at the company I’m in! I think when we become mommies, we have a short-lived identity crisis…who am I now, am I first and foremost a mom? Since I had never been a mom before it was a very odd shift. I quit my job (in a creative industry) to stay home with my daughter so the identity confusion was even stronger for me. I felt a strong push to be something more than “just a mom.” I don’t think being just a mom is wrong or bad or anything like that, it just wasn’t for me–it didn’t feel like me. Blogging and my online ventures were a way to try to get that sense of self back, and although it’s hard, I know I’ll look back at these days as some of my best-I already do. So thanks again for this shout and don’t forget to look at your own header when you look at this list (it’s at the top). :)

7. Cyn
    January 16, 2010 | 4:47 am

Terrific list, Candy! More temptations for my Google Reader.

8. rosie/the fabric shopper
    January 16, 2010 | 6:13 pm

I will visit every one! The more creativity to inspire the better!

9. aimee
    January 17, 2010 | 9:18 am

oh wow!! thank you candy – this is a super honor. i’m already a big fan of daisy janie, stephanie levy and scoutie girl – can’t wait to check out the others!

10. Shannon
    January 17, 2010 | 1:10 pm

Awesome list. Thanks for sharing! I consider myself one of those creative mom bloggers and I loved reading how you describe us. I’m excited to pour some coffee and go visit some of these new blogs you’ve introduced me to!

11. Linda
    January 17, 2010 | 1:48 pm

Thanks for the great list. I know of a couple of them, but some are totally new to me.

12. alexandra hedberg
    January 17, 2010 | 1:58 pm

I just knew 2 of these before. now i’ll go and see what you recommend! Thanks!

13. Susie
    January 17, 2010 | 10:41 pm

I already admire so many of these talented women. Now I’m going to check out the rest. And your site too! I’m already completely enamored by your beautiful birdie quilt square series.

14. Renee Khan
    January 18, 2010 | 6:46 am

What a lovely blog you have.

Thank you for featuring Aimee of Artsyville, I adore her work.

Renee xoxo

15. Valentina
    January 18, 2010 | 9:20 am

This list is *AWESOME* :) Perfect to burst my creativity this week! Thanks..

16. tara - scoutie girl
    January 19, 2010 | 7:42 am

ooh! great list :) mine is coming on thursday. i got lots of great ideas from problogger this week. i’ve been a busy beaver all week trying to execute them.

17. lisa
    January 19, 2010 | 7:55 pm

THANK YOU! your awesome! :) now im off to check out the list.

18. […] Moms Plus Bloggers to Watch in 2010 […]

19. Dennis Yu
    January 26, 2010 | 5:34 am

Cool list– have you checked the daddy bloggers, too? They’re not as strong perhaps as mommy bloggers, but they’re coming! When you get a chance, love to hear what you think of http://www.almightydad.com/blogs/top-dad-blogs

20. […] Moms Plus Bloggers to Watch in 2010 […]

21. […] Bloggers to Watch My Fave Blogs Decluttering and Getting Organized Bloggers to Watch in 2010 Moms Plus Bloggers to Watch in 2010 Bloggers to Watch Out For A List of the Best Gardening Blogs 25 Blogger Active Roster Israel […]